Paleo Colorado Green Chili
On cold winter days/nights, nothing is better than authentic Colorado Green Chili. Here's my Paleo version of it: 2.5lb pork (approx, shoulder or loin roast), cut into 1 inch chunks
oil, olive or avocado
1 onion, diced
garlic - 2-5 cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
2 cups chicken stock
2 4oz cans of mild chilis
1 can (16oz) of diced tomatoes
4 tomatillos, diced
3 anaheim chilis, roughly chopped
1 big can (27oz) of chilis, roughly chopped
1+ Tablespoon cumin
1+ Tablespoon paprika
1+ Tablespoon oregano
salt to taste
1. Set Instant Pot to saute. Season the pork with salt and pepper.
2. Add oil (olive, avocado) and diced onion to the instant pot. Sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Add the pork, and cook until sides have started to brown. Add the garlic and chopped jalapeño and sauté with the pork and onions for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Blend the chicken stock with both 4oz cans of chilis. Pour this mixture into the Instant Pot.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes (including the juices), chopped tomatillos, chopped green anaheims, chopped canned chilis, spices and salt to the pot. Stir well to combine.
4. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and press the MANUAL button, setting the time for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes has elapsed, allow another 10 minutes for natural pressure release.
Serve with any or all: chopped cilantro, chopped scallions, avocado slices, lime wedges, shredded raw green cabbage. Non Paleo additions: cheddar cheese, hominy, sour cream, tortilla chips